Sunday, August 23, 2009

grey skies for miles

the sundayest of sundays is back again and i have the blues.  touch of a hangover from salty dogs and several glasses of wine didn't help much either.  plus, i was so stoked to go lounge my hangover away at the pool that i slathered sunscreen and put on bikini before i even looked out the window.  grey skies for miles, people.  but i kept my bathers on until 6pm, just in case because i'm a hopeful girl.

no luck.  now i'm staring down the first day of school and feeling a little grim about it.  i had some big plans about writing a list of positives and resolutions for the new semester, but i'm having problems in the mustering department.  i just feel the weight on me.  see my pretty horizon crowded with hard-work clouds and no-fun clouds.  okay, i better make a looking forward to list, at least.  otherwise i might cry on my trustworthy compy.

SO!  FALL 2009, I'M GONNA KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES! 
(right after i cry abt how far behind i am.  sob.)

- group exercise classes are free for the first two weeks!  i'm gonna get so strong and fit this semester and i don't even care if i end up looking a little beasty. it's time to work it out!

- i'm going to teach like a monster rockstar dragon jujitsu style beacon of excitement and knowledge and happiness.  and i'm gonna add another teaching award to the list.

- i have heartburn. stupid hummus wrap. stupid too much booze last night.

- i will finish my PhD this year.  i might not have a job, but i have friends who will put up a sexy out of work doctor, right?  

- i'm gonna cook up a storm.  shrimp is next on my list of things to integrate into my diet.

- and i'm going to take advantage of 1/2 price wine nights at sparrow and bistro FOR SURE.  i'm going to budget a little more money towards going out to eat.  it makes me happy, and i usually have enough leftovers to feed me for another night anyway.  worth it.

- i'm going to find that dinners out money by cutting back on clothes spending.  i have plenty of frickin clothes.  so don't let me tell you that i need a new cocktail dress.  i don't.

- i do need new boots tho for winter.  tall ones.  that are leather and sexy.

- with schedule going back to normal, i'll have time to talk to my friends and family more.  i miss them, the friends and family!

- i'll start planning the arizona girl reunion trip b/c planning is fun and so are girlfriend trips.

- i'll chill the fuck out abt finding a job this year.  focus energy on making all of my work really good and making myself an excellent job candidate.  nobody wants to hire the half-asser who just threw things together in a mad rush to make the deadline.

- i'll study at coffeeshops more this semester.  it feels good to be out of the house and to be surrounded by the warm hum of people chatting and studying.

THE END.

No comments: