Saturday, November 8, 2008

never go with a hippie to a second location

okay, i swear i'll stop with the 30 rock stuff soon.  i'm just crushing hard on this show.  i'm so tickled to have it back in my life that i feel like every word out of alec baldwin's mouth is comic gold.  

today was one of those days where all of a sudden you look up and it's 4pm.  those are lame days.  but i did valuable things like talk to my moms on the phone and grocery shop and grade and totally eff up trying to get files from my stupidass desk top to my sexy new external hard drive.  srsly, i'm ready to put the compaq in my shower, turn on the water, and throw rocks until the damn thing sizzles and pops.  

but i have a new domino to read and most of a bottle of cabernet to finish, so all is not lost.  and sarah reminds me to be thankful for things.  a positive psychology textbook she read says to write down three things that you're grateful for every day.  it has lasting effects, she says.  and i buy it!  i mean, i try to be appreciative every day, but there really is something that happens in the writing of things, you know?  

so, in honor of that, i'm thankful for my health, my people, and my puppy.  but because those are too obvious, i'm also thankful for honeycrisp apples, big band music, and black liquid eyeliner.

oh, i'm also thankful for my dreams!  i know it's a total platitude that your own dreams are boring to other people, but i don't even care.  mostly my dreams have children's birthday parties or my cabinets are full of different kinds of gummy candy or i have a closet full of sequined dresses to try on.  do some freud on that shit and come up with something sad, i dare you. 
 

 

No comments: