Monday, April 2, 2007

happier

monday's are rarely as bad as i fear they might be. so, yeah, today was fine. i taught and then i had 'culture and mourning' class (just as not-uplifting as it sounds, btw) in which i gave a little presentation on that dangarembga book. it went fine, not perfect of course b/c of...well, b/c of me being me, i guess. how it is that i can teach a room full of distracted and sometimes confrontational 18 year olds but totally mentally spaz out at talking to a bunch of grad students is beyond me. but i'll save you from an exhaustive examination my personal hang-ups.

so i thought of other things that make me cry pretty much on demand and i'm sure it's revealing but i don't know. and i'm not embarrassed of them either, even tho you cold bastards maybe think i should be.

1. the end of amelie when they're buzzing around on his motorbike/scooter and it's blurry and they're totally in love and she smushes her face into his neck
2. when smith shaves his head for samantha in sex and the city; also
3. when carrie breaks up with russian guy and says, 'I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love.'
4. 'no lies, just love' by bright eyes when he says, 'I will be pure/No, no, I know I will be pure./Like snow- like gold-/like snow- like gold--'
5. when buffy dies at the end of season five.

No comments: